Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1 week old

I can't believe our pea is a week old today!

Today she had to got to the pediatric orthopedic to get her body brace. She has hip displacia which is correctable if caught early enough. She has to wear this sad body brace 24 hours a day! It is so sad to see her in it. I had to go to the doctor with our T and it was horrible. Berkeley looked at me like "Make them stop mommy". Worst mommy feeling ever. We don't know how long she has to wear it yet, but could be up to 6 months. We are lucky enough that it isn't bad enough for her to need surgery.

If that is the only problem she is born with, we are lucky. Many go through a lot worse.

Happy 1 week birthday B!
(Uncle Jeff...I'm wearing your Panda)

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh my gosh! She is the cutest thing EVER!!!

Unknown said...

She already looks different! What a cutie! I love the hairstyle too. I think I need to give her a hug.

Lindsey said...

She has the cutest little face! I know that helpless mommy feeling! It all works out and they don't remember it. Call me back before I invite myself over! jk

Ash said...

Really how perfect is she? I cant believe how beautifully flawless she is. So amazing. Love her. As soon as we get over our runny noses we are coming to kiss those sweet cheeks. :) Love you!

Ali said...

Congrats to you both, she is beautiful!

--Heather-- said...

She is b-e-a-u-tiful! Congrats!!