Thursday, September 8, 2011

Announcement Recap

5:30 a.m.: off to the gym, but decide to take a minute (or 3) and pee on a stick
(I told myself no testing earlier than that day)

After a definite yes (last pregnancy was not so clear, even after several weeks), I woke Tim up (2 days before his Birthday) and told him I had a birthday present for him..."I'm Pregnant"
then quickly ran out the door, sure not to be late for the gym (oh, how quickly that changed)
  (Not another one mom!)
Tim's parents came up the next few days (his mom already knew). 
I took a picture of them...
"on 3 say, I'm Pregnant!"

(Notice his Dad is the only one who didn't know and yet no change in expression)

Next, we went down to So Cal and had a Sunday Family Dinner 
(my favorite memories)

Tim took a "quick picture" before dinner 
(everyone was getting hungry and grouchy at this point)
"on 3 say 'Courtney's Pregnant'...1,2,3..."
 We continued to say it and snap pictures. 
Watching the progression of facial expressions is hilarious

When we found out there were 2, we sent a text that had a pic of Berkeley's 8 week ultrasound and this ultra sound
It read " Find the difference in the 2 pictures".
It didn't take long for my phone to blow up.

For those who are stuck in 1999 (Dad and Grandpa L.), I called.

Dad's call: 
"Just wanted to tell you I got to see Grandbaby #12 on the ultrasound today" (note: they only have 10 grankids right now). 
He didn't catch on (my mom's job is to remeber the numbers). 
Then I followed with "I also Grandbaby #11".
After a quick delay I could hear joy (and maybe some watery eyes)

Grandpa/Grandma's call: 
Me: "Saw Great Grandbaby #15 today" (only 13 great grandkids right now)
Grandpa "Ohhh. But you mean #14" 
me: Oh I saw that one too"
Instantly followed by tears and cheers from Grandma and Grandpa

It was soooo much fun announcing this special pregnancy. It was a reminder of how much support we have had through our challenges to have babies, and even more, with being blessed twice as much now.
We are so blessed to have so much love for us and our children.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Love that you have these details recorded, so fun!!